Settings for Outlook Express, MS Outlook 2000
The instructions below apply to idComm.com email addresses. If you have your own domain name, please follow these instructions to update your existing email account settings. PLEASE NOTE: All entries should be made in lower case unless otherwise specified.
- Click Tools / Accounts.
- Make sure you’re on the Mail tab (not News or Directories).
- Highlight the account to be changed and click the Properties button on the right.
- On the General tab under User Information, make sure the Email Address box has your full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you enter for Account Name on the Servers tab.
- At the top click the Servers tab.
- Under Server Information the Incoming mail (POP3) server name is pop3.idcomm.com.
- Under Server Information the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server name is smtp.idcomm.com.
- Under Incoming Mail Server, the Account Name (or User Name) must be the full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you entered under User Information on the General tab.
- Toward the bottom of the Servers tab, check the box that says, “My server requires authentication”.
- Click the Settings button to the right, and make sure the first option (Use same settings…) is selected.
- At the top click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the Outgoing server port number is 587.
- Incoming port remains 110.
- Neither incoming nor outgoing servers use SSL or any type of encryption.
- Click OK at the bottom of the Properties window, then Close at the bottom of the Internet Accounts window.
You should now be ready to send and receive your mail.