Settings for Windows Live Mail Desktop
The instructions below apply to idComm.com email addresses. PLEASE NOTE: All entries should be made in lower case unless otherwise specified.
- Open Windows Live Mail Desktop.
- At the top, click the Accounts tab.
- Click the Add Account button.
Add your email accounts
- Enter your full email address.
- Enter your password.
- Make sure the Remember this password box is checked.
- Enter a Display Name, usually your real name but can be a business name or anything you like.
- At the bottom, check the box to Manually configure server settings.
- Click Next.
Configure server settings
Incoming server information
- Server type should already be set to POP, which is correct.
- Server address is pop3.idcomm.com.
- Port should already be set to 110, which is correct.
- Leave unchecked: Requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Authenticate using: Clear text (should already be selected).
- Logon user name is your full email address.
Outgoing server information
- Server address is smtp.idcomm.com.
- Port number is 587.
- Leave unchecked: Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Check the box for Requires authentication.
Your email account was added
Just click finish here unless you have another account you wish to add.