Your Own Domain
Email Settings for Mozilla Thunderbird
The instructions below apply to those who have their own domain names, not to idComm.com email addresses. If you have your own domain name, please follow these instructions to update your existing email account settings. PLEASE NOTE: All entries should be made in lower case unless otherwise specified.
- Click Tools / Account Settings.
- On the left, make sure the account to be changed is expanded so you can see Server Settings, Copies & Folders, etc.
- Click on Server Settings.
- In the Server Name box on the right, enter pop.domain.com where “domain” is your domain and the .com, .org, .net, etc. is appropriate for your domain.
- On the right in the Server Settings area, make sure the User Name is your whole email address.
- On the left, click on Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- On the right, you should have only one server listed; highlight it and click the Edit button.
- Change the Description to say, “SOS4Net”, or something else so you’ll know it’s no longer the idComm server.
- Change the Server Name to smtp.domain.com where “domain” is your domain name less the .com (.net, .org, etc.).
- Make sure the Outgoing server port number is either 587 or 2525 (not 25) depending on what was specified in the email you received from us.
- Make sure the User Name is your whole email address.
- Click OK, then OK again.
- Click the More Settings button.
You should now be ready to send and receive your mail.