Don’t Forget to Check Your Junk Email Folder!
We’d like to remind everyone to periodically check the Junk Email folder in your webmail. This is where the server’s spam filter puts common spam rather than delivering it to your inbox. To check your webmail Junk Email folder…
- Go to https://securemail.sos4net.com/ (https://mailhost.idcomm.com/ for idComm email clients), and login with your full email address and password.
- In the folder list on the left, click the Junk Email folder and look through the list of emails.
- If you see messages in the list that you do NOT consider spam, tick the check boxes at the left for the messages from the first sender. ATTENTION: Please DO NOT select emails from different senders all at once. If you have 5 emails to rescue, 3 from one sender and 2 from another, select the ones from one sender, do Actions / Mark / Not Spam first, and then do the same for the emails from the other sender. We’ve discovered that this version of SmarterMail only likes to automatically enter one address into Trusted Senders at a time, which is not what we had been used to previously. If this causes anyone any inconvenience, we sincerely apologize. :-(
- Click the Actions menu up above the list, put your mouse over Mark, then select Not Spam at the bottom of the sub menu. This will put those messages back in your Inbox where your email program can retrieve them, AND it will enter the sender’s email address into your Trusted Senders list.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for messages from any other senders who should not be in the Junk Email folder.
PLEASE NOTE: In some cases such as mailing lists or ecommerce systems, you may need to make an exception for the entire domain name instead of a specific address. To do this click the Gear icon (Settings) in the thin gray column at the far left. On the following page click Trusted Senders, then New toward the top of the main section of the page. For the value enter just the domain name–the part to the right of the “@” sign–for which to make an exception, then click Save.