Your Own Domain
Email Settings for MS Outlook 2002/XP, 2003
The instructions below apply to those who have their own domain names, not to idComm.com email addresses. If you have your own domain name, please follow these instructions to update your existing email account settings. PLEASE NOTE: All entries should be made in lower case unless otherwise specified.
- Click Tools / Email Accounts.
- Select “View or change existing…” and click Next.
- In the list, select the email account to be changed and click the Change button on the right.
- In the User Information section, enter your real name (or business name) and full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you enter in the Login Information section below.
- In the Server Information section, the Incoming mail server (POP3) is pop.domain.com where “domain.com” is your domain name.
- Also in the Server Information section, the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.domain.com where “domain.com” is your domain name.
- In the Logon Information section, make sure the user name is the full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you enter in the User Information section above.
- Click the More Settings button.
- At the top of the Internet Email Settings screen, click the Outgoing Server tab.
- At the top of this screen, check the box that says, “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- At the top click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the Outgoing server port number is 587.
- Incoming port remains 110.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings. When finished, all items in the test window should have green check marks.
- Click Next then Finish.
You should now be ready to send and receive your mail.