Settings for MS Outlook 2002/XP, 2003
The instructions below apply to idComm.com email addresses. PLEASE NOTE: All entries should be made in lower case unless otherwise specified.
- Click Tools / Email Accounts.
- Select “View or change existing…” and click Next.
- In the list, select the email account to be changed and click the Change button on the right.
- In the User Information section, enter your real name (or business name) and full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you enter in the Login Information section below.
- In the Server Information section, the Incoming mail server (POP3) is pop3.idcomm.com.
- Also in the Server Information section, the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.idcomm.com.
- In the Logon Information section, make sure the user name is the full email address.
NOTE: This address must match the email address you enter in the User Information section above.
- Click the More Settings button.
- At the top of the Internet Email Settings screen, click the Outgoing Server tab.
- At the top of this screen, check the box that says, “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- At the top click the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the Outgoing server port number is 587.
- Incoming port remains 110.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings. When finished, all items in the test window should have green check marks.
- Click Next then Finish.
You should now be ready to send and receive your mail.